Irrespective of size and sector, companies must, therefore, look into the compliance risks they may be facing, and into the measures they can take in order to prevent and adequately react to compliance failures. We support organizations with the set-up and implementation of compliance management systems tailored to their specific needs, by helping them to identify and assess the relevant risks, and to build up a suitable compliance organization. We advise on sector-specific legal risks, for example in the life sciences and technology sector, we offer tailored compliance trainings, and we stand ready to help if compliance breaches need to be addressed, whether internally or externally in relation to business partners and authorities.
Examples of our practice:
- Compliance audits for the assessment of relevant risks and third-party compliance screenings.
- Set-up and localisation of compliance management programs, codes of conduct and related guidelines.
- Advising on sanctions, particularly in the context of contractual agreements.
- Support with respect to the enforcement of compliance requirements in relation to third parties.
- Internal investigations, particularly in the area of corruption, competition law, export controls, and cybersecurity, as well as in the context of MeToo! issues and other labour law matters.
- Representation of parties in civil and criminal proceedings concerning the transfer of evidence or other data to foreign authorities.
- Set-up of whistleblower hotlines; assistance in cases requiring a response to whistleblower alerts.
- Advising on employment and data protection issues relevant for the investigation and sanctioning of compliance breaches.
- Assessment of civil and criminal liabilities in connection with compliance failures and representation of parties in ensuing proceedings.
- Analysis and assessment of data protection requirements, in particular in the context of digital business models.
- Advising and supporting private individuals in relation to internal investigations, disciplinary measures and criminal proceedings.
Coronavirus: suspension of limitation periods in civil and administrative proceedings
The Federal Council extends the court holidays as well as – more generally – the suspension of limitation periods and deadlines with fixed expiry dates in order to allow for all parties involved in proceedings to adjust to the extraordinary situation »
Landmark case on copyright of applied art in China
IPrime successfully represented the Swiss company ALPA Capaul & Weber Ltd. in a copyright infringement case in front of the Chengdu Intermediate People's Court (China). »
Digital Medical Applications: Legal and Compliance Risks
In her article for the law review "Life Science Recht", Anne-Catherine Hahn addresses the challenges of patient-facing digital medicine. »
Coronavirus - Sars-CoV-2 - Information Switzerland
Despite the measures tightened up by the Swiss Federal Council, the law firm at IPrime Zurich is fully operational and we can be reached as usual. »
Compliance breaches as a business risk
Anne-Catherine Hahn tops off our series of articles in the KMU magazine with her contribution on compliance measures to avoid liability risks. »
Impact Case of the Year 2020 - Switzerland
IPrime is the proud winner of the MIP Impact Case of the Year 2020 Award for Switzerland »
EU Whistleblower Directive - Call for action for Swiss companies?
Anne-Catherine Hahn explains why dealing with whistleblowers is so challenging from data protection and labor law perspectives »
Chances of the swiss patent box for Swiss enterprises
On the occasion of the seminar of the Europa Institut at the University of Zurich, Rudolf A. Rentsch and Stefan Wigger presented on the latest developments »
Publication of Rudolf A. Rentsch and Alexander Grosse-Kracht - Globalisation and Innovations
In the current issue of the KMU-Magazin, Dr. Rudolf A. Rentsch and Alexander Grosse-Kracht describe how Swiss SMEs can protect innovations in a global environment. »
Publication of Anne-Catherine Hahn on international arbitration
Bribery Allegations in Arbitration Proceedings – 10th edition of The International Arbitration Review »
Publikation von Thomas Kretschmer zur Schutzfähigkeit von Software-Innovationen
Im Rahmen unserer Serie zum Thema Technologie und Recht im KMU-Magazin publiziert Thomas Kretschmer einen Artikel zur Schutzfähigkeit von Software-Innovationen. »