Legal and Compliance Services for Technology and Life Sciences Companies
IPrime brings together business lawyers, patent attorneys and technology experts with backgrounds in engineering, chemistry, microbiology and IT, who work together on a daily basis.
With this set-up, we are ideally placed to help clients addressing the legal questions related to the development and commercialization of innovative solutions across industries, whether in life sciences, engineering, medtech, energy, and greentech or in information technology (including AI, robotics, big data, cyberphysical systems and block chain).
Our advisory services to industrial clients cover all legal needs related to the development, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of products and services, and include in particular the following aspects:
- We support our clients in drafting and negotiating commercial arrangements (research and development; licensing, collaboration and joint venture agreements; sourcing of raw materials; manufacturing; agency and distribution agreements, etc.), and assist when such agreements do not yield the expected outcomes.
- We help clients to navigate data privacy and data ownership rules, and assist with the set-up of novel business models involving big data and IoT applications.
- We support clients with respect to consumer protection laws, unfair competition law and antitrust law rules, as well as product safety regulations, and act for them in front of the relevant authorities and courts.
- We advise healthcare clients on market access, reimbursement, and pro-motional issues, as well as on food and cosmetics regulations.
- We provide holistic advice on the management of cybersecurity risks, and assist with the implementation of targeted cyber risk management systems, as well as with incident responses.
- We support our clients in case of product recall programs and assist in developing preventive action plans; we further provide assistance in the event of product liability claims.
- We advise on employment law matters and represent clients in employment litigation.
Coronavirus: suspension of limitation periods in civil and administrative proceedings
The Federal Council extends the court holidays as well as – more generally – the suspension of limitation periods and deadlines with fixed expiry dates in order to allow for all parties involved in proceedings to adjust to the extraordinary situation »
Digital Medical Applications: Legal and Compliance Risks
In her article for the law review «Life Science Recht», Anne-Catherine Hahn addresses the challenges of patient-facing digital medicine. »
Coronavirus - Sars-CoV-2 - Information Switzerland
Despite the measures tightened up by the Swiss Federal Council, the law firm at IPrime Zurich is fully operational and we can be reached as usual. »
Landmark case on copyright of applied art in China
IPrime successfully represented the Swiss company ALPA Capaul & Weber Ltd. in a copyright infringement case in front of the Chengdu Intermediate People's Court (China). »
Compliance breaches as a business risk
Anne-Catherine Hahn tops off our series of articles in the KMU magazine with her contribution on compliance measures to avoid liability risks. »
Impact Case of the Year 2020 - Switzerland
IPrime is the proud winner of the MIP Impact Case of the Year 2020 Award for Switzerland »
EU Whistleblower Directive - Call for action for Swiss companies?
Anne-Catherine Hahn explains why dealing with whistleblowers is so challenging from data protection and labor law perspectives »
Chances of the swiss patent box for Swiss enterprises
On the occasion of the seminar of the Europa Institut at the University of Zurich, Rudolf A. Rentsch and Stefan Wigger presented on the latest developments »
Publication of Rudolf A. Rentsch and Alexander Grosse-Kracht - Globalisation and Innovations
In the current issue of the KMU-Magazin, Dr. Rudolf A. Rentsch and Alexander Grosse-Kracht describe how Swiss SMEs can protect innovations in a global environment. »
Publication of Anne-Catherine Hahn on international arbitration
Bribery Allegations in Arbitration Proceedings – 10th edition of The International Arbitration Review »
Publikation von Thomas Kretschmer zur Schutzfähigkeit von Software-Innovationen
Im Rahmen unserer Serie zum Thema Technologie und Recht im KMU-Magazin publiziert Thomas Kretschmer einen Artikel zur Schutzfähigkeit von Software-Innovationen. »