Legal and Compliance Services for Technology and Life Sciences Companies
IPrime brings together business lawyers, patent attorneys and technology experts with backgrounds in engineering, chemistry, microbiology and IT, who work together on a daily basis.
With this set-up, we are ideally placed to help clients addressing the legal questions related to the development and commercialization of innovative solutions across industries, whether in life sciences, engineering, medtech, energy, and greentech or in information technology (including AI, robotics, big data, cyberphysical systems and block chain).
Our advisory services to industrial clients cover all legal needs related to the development, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of products and services, and include in particular the following aspects:
- We support our clients in drafting and negotiating commercial arrangements (research and development; licensing, collaboration and joint venture agreements; sourcing of raw materials; manufacturing; agency and distribution agreements, etc.), and assist when such agreements do not yield the expected outcomes.
- We help clients to navigate data privacy and data ownership rules, and assist with the set-up of novel business models involving big data and IoT applications.
- We support clients with respect to consumer protection laws, unfair competition law and antitrust law rules, as well as product safety regulations, and act for them in front of the relevant authorities and courts.
- We advise healthcare clients on market access, reimbursement, and pro-motional issues, as well as on food and cosmetics regulations.
- We provide holistic advice on the management of cybersecurity risks, and assist with the implementation of targeted cyber risk management systems, as well as with incident responses.
- We support our clients in case of product recall programs and assist in developing preventive action plans; we further provide assistance in the event of product liability claims.
- We advise on employment law matters and represent clients in employment litigation.
Patent law: Decision of the Swiss Federal Supreme Court of 6 August 2019 - 4A_70
In this landmark decision, the Swiss Federal Supreme Court revalues a long-standing process for Swiss patent proceedings in front of the Federal Patent Court, thereby strengthening the principle of procedural equality of arms. »
Publication of Anne-Catherine Hahn on international arbitration
Bribery Allegations in Arbitration Proceedings – 10th edition of The International Arbitration Review »
Publikation von Thomas Kretschmer zur Schutzfähigkeit von Software-Innovationen
Im Rahmen unserer Serie zum Thema Technologie und Recht im KMU-Magazin publiziert Thomas Kretschmer einen Artikel zur Schutzfähigkeit von Software-Innovationen. »
Rudolf Rentsch and Stefan Wigger will speak in Lucerne on 12 September 2019
Subject of the D4 Lecture: Tax reform (TRAF) - What changes are pending, what do I have to consider as an SME? »
New patent law commentary
The first edition of the commentary on the Swiss Patent Act published on 1 July 2019 covers Switzerland's most recent case law while also taking into account the practice in Europe »
Media release of the Swiss Federal Council of 14 Juni 2019: Patent boxes will be
Summary information on the new Swiss Act on Patent Boxes »