Attorney at Law, Partner1
Anne-Catherine Hahn holds a bilingual law degree ("MA") and a doctorate from the University of Fribourg (Walther Hug Foundation Prize; Peter Jäggi Foundation Prize), as well as an LL.M. from the University of Michigan. For many years she has been a lecturer at the University of Fribourg and was an academic visitor at the National University of Singapore. Prior to joining IPrime Legal, she was a partner for seven years with Baker McKenzie in Zurich, acting for both international and domestic clients in large disputes and other cross-border matters.
Anne-Catherine Hahn has published a number of articles in peer-reviewed publications and regularly acts as speaker at conferences within the legal community. In addition to her teaching obligations at the University of Fribourg, she also conducts tailor-made trainings on a broad range of legal and compliance topics.
German and English are Anne-Catherine's day-to-day working languages, but she also regularly handles assignments in French, and is conversational in Italian.
- "Bribery Allegations in Arbitration – the Expectations of Courts and Regulators", The International Arbitration Review, 9th ed., London, July 2018.
- "M&A Disputes: Recurring Issues, New Trends and Practical Considerations," The Bulletin of the European Court of Arbitration, No. 1, March 2018.
- "Bribery and Corruption in Arbitration", in: Arbitration in Switzerland - The Practitioner's Guide, 2nd ed., Alphen aan den Rijn 2018.
- Commentary to articles 11 and 12 of the WIPO Rules, in: Arbitration in Switzerland - The Practitioner's Guide, 2nd ed., Alphen aan den Rijn 2018.
- Länderbericht Schweiz, in: Compliance aktuell, 3rd ed, 2017.
- Commentary to articles 62-67 OR (unjust enrichment), in: Handkommentar zum Schweizerischen Privatrecht, revised and updated 3rd ed., Zurich 2016.
- "The Law of the OHADA", Baker & McKenzie Publication 2015.
- "Res judicata as a challenge for arbitral tribunals", Austrian Handbook on International Arbitration 2014, Vienna 2014, Manz Verlag, 329-341.
- "Dealing with Sovereigns: Enforcement Risks and Planning Tools", SZIER 2013, 225-241.
- "Gerichtsstands- und Rechtswahlklauseln im grenzüberschreitenden Bankgeschäft mit Privatkunden", recht 2012, 157-167.
- "State Immunity and Veil Piercing in the Age of Sovereign Wealth Funds", SZW 2012, 103-118.
- "Bribery and Corruption before Swiss Arbitral Tribunals", Construction Law Journal 2010, 425-438.
- "Schweizer Schiedsgerichte und der internationale Kampf gegen Korruption", SZW 2010, 382-395.
- Commentary to articles 70-82 and 89 to the Swiss Civil Procedure Act (provisions on joinder of parties and group actions), in Baker & McKenzie Commentary the Swiss Civil Procedure Act, Berne 2010.
- "The Law of Restitution – a (Western) European Perspective", in: Mauro Bussani und Franz Werro (ed.), European Private Law, Durham 2009.
- "La responsabilité civile: une introduction générale, Journées suisses du droit de la construction", Institut pour le droit suisse et international de la construction, Freiburg 2009.
- "Produktsicherheit und Produkthaftung im internationalen Kontext", Aktuelle Juristische Praxis 2008, 1007-1020.
- Commentary to articles 12, 13 und 17 Cartel Act (private enforcement) in: Baker & McKenzie (ed.), Kommentar zum Kartellgesetz, Bern 2007.
- "Vergütungsansprüche für Dienstleistungen bei fehlender vertraglicher Grundlage. Ein Streifzug durch vier europäische Rechtsordnungen", Berne 2004 (doctoral thesis Freiburg 2004).
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Arbitral Women
- Ethics and Compliance Switzerland (ECS)
- German Arbitration Institute (DIS)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)